Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Chapters 7-13: Personal Connections

I am not engaging myself into The Grapes of Wrath, because it has a boring plot line and is not up to par of most books that I read. An example of what I mean would be the first page of the book where it says “To the red country and part of the gray country of Oklahoma, the last rains came gently, and they did not cut the scarred earth. The plows crossed and recrossed the rivulet marks.” I think that this is extremely boring, because of detailed words in this book, and the way the author tries to show that there is something deep to all of the meanings of these events in these books. Truly these things just bore mean to the point of me falling asleep repeatedly. So far, the characters in this book are going through struggles that coincide with some things in my life, such as when they are on their journey from their home, and they have hard times with one another. It reminds me of when I have moved from place to place, and we had hard times with moving and leaving behind our friends and life where we were. I do not see this book following anything similar to my life in the long run, because it is about people dying and traveling all over the place just to get to a final destination. I think that this book is just meant for the people from back then and that no one could truly relate to anything in this story, because we are not from this time period. So truly we all are just not a part of any of this unless, you were someone who lived in the Dust Bowl at this point in time of the world’s history.
                I am not looking forward to reading the rest of this book because I honestly can’t stand books that are like this, they bore me like no other type of book can. I wish that I could just go and sit in a hole and not doing anything for the rest of my life, instead of reading this book because I just can’t stand it at all. I don’t like to read about book that tell big history ideas, when I could just learn about a brief history of what happened, whey make people read a book that is just there to make people feel bad for the people from back then even though it is over with. I mean yes I do feel bad for the people in history with sad stories, but I don’t want to read them all and bore myself with doing so.

1 comment:

  1. Jared,

    I appreciate your honesty. Your post is well constructed.

    It scores a 4.

    ReplyDelete